The Holy Order Of The Asian Pussy Pounders
How did this tongue get in my cheek?
by Tironius, created Sunday, December 31, 2006, with permalink

In teaching English to sweet Asians -- who by the way own sweet Asian pussy -- I have many, many times wondered from where the origin of these phrases we speak arrive. As a nerd, myself (and I know Mr. Lexicon [Mr.19] and Grammar Nazi [Q-Pounder] will be interested to some extent), I have even dreamed of making my own database of etymology and literal meanings for people to refer. And, I would have made it, too, if not for my rampant laziness and scabbed-over herpes.

But now, my dreams have been answered. Sample:

“Tongue in cheek”

This phrase clearly alludes to the facial expression created by putting one's tongue in one's cheek. This induces a wink (go on - try it), which has long been an indication that what is being said is to be taken with a pinch of salt. It may have been used to suppress laughter. 'Tongue in cheek' is the antithesis of the later phrase - 'with a straight face'. --The Phrase Finder